Endo Health (Practice) takes your privacy seriously. Privacy protection and confidentiality of health information is essential for quality health care and we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the information we handle about you.
Information we collect about you
In the course of your visit to our website, Endo Health may collect and hold personal information about you so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
The type of personal information we collect may include:
- personal details (name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers, Medicare number);
- your medical history;
- notes made during the course of a medical consultation;
- referrals to/from other health services providers;
- results and reports received from other health service providers; and
- credit card or direct debit information for billing purposes.
Wherever practicable we will collect this information from you personally – either at the Practice, over the phone, via written correspondence or via the internet if you transact with us online.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for purposes directly related to providing our services to you, or in ways you would reasonably expect us to use it in order to provide you with this service.
This may include (but is not limited to) disclosure to:
- The professional team directly involved in your health care
- The Practice’s administrative staff for billing and other administrative tasks necessary to run our practice. To your health insurance fund, Medicare or other organisations responsible for the financial aspects of your care;
- Where required by law, for example, pursuant to a subpoena;
- To insurers or lawyers for the defence of a medical claim; and/or
- To assist with training and education of other health care professionals.
Non-personally identifiable information: We also use anonymised information we collect to improve our services, including: website administration, producing reports and analytics, advertising our products and services, identifying user demands and assisting in meeting client needs generally.
Storage and security of your information
Our Practice takes all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. All information we receive from you is stored and protected on our secured web servers.
In the event there is a breach of our security and your personal information is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
Sharing or disclosing your information with third parties
We do not and will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Your personal data is only disclosed to third party suppliers when it is required by law, or to protect our copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
Links to other websites